Jswipe is an atypical app for people who like the main religion of Israel: Judaism. If you are not interested in Judaism, you should not take part on this site. As expected, for obvious reasons, it should not be used for finding hookups.
Jswipe was only thought to serve Jews and people who would like to convert one day. The appearance of this app is almost a copy of Tinder, except that it doesn’t admit hookup seekers, but only singles who look for love or meet somebody who plans for marriage.
It is a website that can be difficult to use for folks who know next to nothing about Judaism. You must be in the loop, otherwise, nobody will chat with you on this site. The app does not show any nudes whatsoever.
As every religious app, we’d expect to see forums everywhere full of people talking about Judaism and other religions, but this is not the case. The app is focused on finding partners and creating meaningful connections.
Keep reading to find out more.
Member Structure of JSwipe
Unlike other religious dating apps like Christian Singles, JSwipe is more modern, and probably more adapted to the new generations. The gender ratio favors male users by over 30%. There are also lesbians and homosexual men who like Judaism. The site is accepting of them.
The age range here is quite limited. Most members are in their 20s and 30s. This is the perfect age for planning on finding somebody to be with forever. The location of members is also a thing to be considered.
Fortunately, if you are out of the United States or Israel, it will be tough for you to strike it lucky. Most users are from the United States and Israel. The app still welcomes everybody, regardless of the location. The only requirement is to respect Judaism.
Surprisingly, trannies are nowhere on the site. The option has not been added. In fact, the lesbian or gay option is not there. Nonetheless, Jswipe accepts everybody.
Almost 800,000 members are part of this site.
Signup Process of JSwipe
Although JSwipe is not a porn site, you must be of legal age to join. This is the first requirement to join this community. You can sign up using iOS or Android phone, but evidently, most of its users have Apple devices.
The registration options are the same, with the exception that it includes other questions that are not included in most app forms. For example, there’s a question that asks if you are into Kosher. The app just wants to know if you are really into Judaism or if you are a real Jew.
For this reason, JSwipe also displays an array of denominations at the moment of registering. This part of the form comes after submitting age, location, and gender. Select if you are Conservative, Reformed, or Orthodox. There’s even an option for those who are none of those.
You can utilize your Facebook to transfer your photos. Feel free to pick the photos you want to display. Jswipe also allows linking the account to Instagram and Snapchat. The photos can be transferred or manually. Just peruse the guidelines before doing the linking.
JSWipe is very similar to Tinder, where you swipe right to say Yes to somebody and No if you don’t want to match with that person. If you want to get somebody’s attention, you can give her a Super Swipe.
There other sections on the app, on which you can see your matches and the messages you’ve sent that have been read.
JSwipe is pretty simple to use, even if you are not used to this kind of apps. The site is very user-friendly, so you will not have a hard time using it. Everything is pretty easy and self-explanatory.
The site offers one Super Swipe or Super Like per day as a free user. Super Swipes can be raised to 5 on a paying membership. This function enables you to communicate more efficiently. After a Super Swipe, you can introduce yourself to that person.
If you want to travel, the Passport feature allows you to touch base with overseas people. The only negative of this app is that it doesn’t have a separate chat or forums for discussions. Perhaps the creator should add them.
The app is free and compatible with Apple and Android. It is fast and pretty simple and has the same appearance as Tinder. The design is green and purple and is plastered over with pictures. Most photos come with the name, age, and location of the user.
The app can connect to Facebook, which will use none of the information you post on your wall. It will not either post notifications that can be visible on Facebook. Facebook-account linking only works for the registration and management of the information you have on JSwipe.
However, part of the photos you have uploaded on Facebook will be shown on the app. You’re also allowed to use other applications like Tinder and Snapchat to fill your albums on Jswipe. This is one of the steps to complete during the registration.
This is a swiping app, whose most functions work very similarly to Tinder. You will be shown profiles to swipe left and right to like. You’re not able to swipe if you don’t have any profile pic.
Pro & Cons
- Ideal for finding serious daters.
- It covers a wide range of Jewish denominations, almost all.
- The website is very simple, basic, and does not require previous experience with dating apps.
- Most functions are free.
- Plans maximize the benefits given with the free plan.
- The Discoverable feature allows exploring without being noticed.
- The site is a better fit for Millennials in cities.
- It has tons of features that help for great success.
- It allows searching for people far off.
- Although it connects to Facebook, it will not post anything on the wall that your friends notice you’re on the app.
- It can change the GPS location.
- Most members are from the USA and Israel, making it hard or well-nigh impossible to come across people from other places.
- Not many people over 40 years old.
- Not great for non-Jewish members. It could be tough to find a match if one is not Jewish.
- Not good for people who live in rural areas, even if they are millennials or are Jewish.
- It benefits Americans and Israelis more than individuals in other countries.
- Not for casual relationships or hookups.
The app is completely free. You can freely match with other people and freely chat with them, so you don’t necessarily need to subscribe for a membership in order to use the website. However, opting for a membership plan does come with great benefits that enhance the experience.
Some features include your being able to do the profile, boost your profile X2 gain more views, undo swipes, get extra super likes, and see the read messages.
The first-class membership is divided into three plans. There’s a plan for one month, three months (the most popular), and 6 months. None of the plans’ rates exceed the fee of $60.
Duration / Credits / Coins Costs Total
- 1 Month 24.99 USD / Month 24.99 USD
- 3 Months 15.00 USD / Month 44.99 USD
- 6 Months 10.00 USD / Month 59.99 USD
Compared to other similar websites’ pricing, JSwipe is pretty average. It is neither super expensive nor super cheap. Prices are good for the number of benefits that the first-class membership comes with.
Most apps require people to pay to use the special features. To make use of the best special features on JSwipe, you’ll need to pay for a membership.
- Discoverable: when this feature is turned off, it is possible to navigate anonymously. You can equally see and chat with your matches, and they’ll be able to see you, as well.
- Passport feature: Passport puts you in other locations that are far away from you. It allows contacting people who are not in the United States or Israel. As said before, this app is Jewish-based, but it doesn’t mean it discriminates.
- Super note: a super note is the ability to send somebody a message, even if they haven’t liked you back. This function enables you to introduce yourself to your potential match after giving him/her a super-like.
- Profile boost: it puts the profile to the top, even in the area you are in for about 30 minutes. This is a function that might potentially give more matches because more people will view the profile first. After about 30 minutes, you won’t be on the top anymore.
- Liked me: it displays all the likes you’ve gotten, as well as the messages you’ve sent and received. It keeps track of all that. If there’s somebody who liked you and you didn’t know, this is your chance to contact.
- Most Eligible: this feature shows the people with the highest appeal, the most attractive individuals on JSwipe. It displays the most popular fellows on the app. Surely, this is a premium feature, too.
- Super Like: this feature is pretty much the same on Tinder. It gives 19 emoticons to send interest. It appears among the contacting options in the form of a blue star. It is not exclusive to premium members, but free users can use it only once per day.