Friends with Benefits is a hookup site that aims to find not only friends but casual dates. So, if you are somebody who likes to embark on flings, Friends with Benefits can offer you all that. However, it lags behind other platforms in terms of functionality.
Friends with Benefits may work better on a paid membership as all of its features are restricted. To get the most out of a site like this, you need to pay without hesitating, otherwise, you will never use it efficiently.
The app has lost its reputation in contrast to many of its competitors. FWB is there to satisfy users who want more freedom and not a serious relationship as such. It is not a traditional site of those that get you a long-term commitment or something like that.
Whenever you join this site, you must clear of what friends with benefits mean. This site is only available as an app for iOS devices. So, take this into account if you’re planning to download it.
The site is plenty of bisexuals and people who seek to have threesomes. 56% of members are men, while the other percentage is made of women. According to reviews, most users are from the United States and Europe.
Friends with benefits shares its database with many other dating websites, which makes it possible to find other profiles.
Before you create your account, it is important to be aware that the registration is totally free but for a short period of time. After three or thirty days, Friends with Benefits asks you to become premium to keep using the site.
The signup process consists of 7 fields you have to fill with your personal info. The form includes gender, location, age, username, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and city. After this data submission, Friends with Benefits emails you a link for verification. The form is neither short nor long.
Although it sends you a link via email for the account validation, it is possible to sign up using multiple Gmail accounts and still be let off. This means people can create multiple accounts that will eventually become fake profiles.
After filling out the forms with your credentials, you can leave your profile empty or with no pictures. But it is always best to flesh it out with photos and info for better results. Grown-up content is forbidden.
There are no strange or innovative features that make this app unique or stand out from others. It hosts the typical swiping feature that allows you to pass or like on users that may be of your interest. This is the first step to make contact.
The site lets you share hot and explicit photos without a problem. However, messaging can be expensive, as there’s no way to chat without spending a penny. Each message has a price tag of $2 or less, which turns out to be a rip-off as more messages are sent.
Friends With Benefits is an app that can be downloaded for iOS but it is unavailable for Android. It is possible to find it on the Apple Store with no issue.
In this regard, the site seems a little more complicated to get for Android smartphones. If you fail in all your attempts to download it, there’s another app on Google Play Store called FWB, but it is not related to this app. So, it is up to you.
For some reason, it was apparently removed by the developer from the store, but nobody has found out why, so it is difficult to know what happened. Regarding the iOS app, Friends with Benefits works just fine and is free of glitches.
Feel free to run the app on your Apple device and dig its smooth navigation and amazing performance. The operability of the app, however, has nothing new. It contains no features that look impressive.
After you become a member, you are given a free trial that lasts up to thirty days for you to test the site. After that period of time, you need to choose a paid subscription. The prices of the plans come as follows:
- 1 month: $14.99
- 3 months: $29.99
- 6 months: $47.99
As you see, Friends with Benefits offers three membership plans that are not pricey at all. However, a paid subscription will be always necessary to keep using the site.
Besides this, there are credits you can buy in order to improve your chat experience. Credit prices vary from credits which vary from £30, £50,£100, and £250.
Whatever the plan you have, the site does not offer anonymous payment methods, and you can only pay via credit card and SMS. Something else to remark is that it has no coin plans, discounts or offers.
All plans are recurring. Each message costs $2.
Pro & Cons
- It doesn’t look like a hookup site at all. It resembles OkCupid.
- Better use to find casual relationships rather than anything else.
- It has the best of both worlds: basic and generic features.
- Friends with Benefits is very easy to use and navigate.
- Most members are real.
- It rewards newcomers with a three or monthly trial.
- It offers extra credits.
- Friends with Benefits is a paradise for bisexuals and individuals who are into threesomes.
- Do you like photo-trading? This is a great site for that.
- It has no advanced matchmaking algorithm.
- No Android version available.
- You need to get a paid subscription to use this site.
- The site looks as if it were dead. Very few people chat.
- It lacks extra communication features, making it very basic.
- While you can strike lots of conversations on it, it is tough to get dates successfully.
- Most members are real, but profiles look abandoned.
- Friends with Benefits is costly.
- Anonymous messaging: With Friends with benefits, you can browse profiles and chat with members without revealing your identity. The website protects your identity.
- Extended searches: if you want to find people based on more specific criteria, make use of the advanced search tool to meet singles who are not from your region, are of different age, or belong to another ethnicity.
- Regional searches: it does the opposite of extended searches. This feature is more focused on local daters.
- Priority Listing: it acts as the Profile Boost. This function highlights the profiles making it stand out among other netizens.
- Block members: you can block members you don’t want messages from.
- Invitation to private chats: a very useful feature that allows inviting users to a private conversation to make things more interesting.
- Virtual gifts: they are great to show interest or work as ice breakers.
- Live chat: get involved in a live camera chat with the people of your interest.
- Spam report: report those profiles you think are dubious and the customer service agents will investigate.