Hello all and welcome to my eHarmony review 2021!
Our eHarmony Review
Most people have heard of the dating app eHarmony for obvious reasons. Firstly, it is one of the apps with one of the oldest names in the dating industry, and secondly, it is one of the top dating services that even work for same-sex engagements.
eHarmony is now a dating service that creates serious commitments for users independently of their sexual identity. With all sexual identities and genders under one roof, eharmony sets its members up for finding love and long-term relationships and friendships.
eHarmony finds matches basing searching results on compatibility and personality traits. All of the profiles on eharmony are detailed and properly configured. Of course, the majority of the features are paid, and you need to pay to enable instant messaging.
While experts think eHarmony is an excellent option for long-term relationships, real users claim it is more convenient for casual dating, but it all depends on the members’ personality. Regardless of its use, it is easy to navigate and make use of its filtering tools.
eHarmony Member Structure
As eHarmony was created to promote serious commitments, it is expected that all the people who join also look for them. The age of most joiners is around 26, the age for marriage. It is also a fact that eHarmony has people registered from a variety of countries around the world.
Something pretty remarkable about this site is the lifestyle that most of its users carry. It is normal to find singles that have a college degree and a stable lifestyle. Although eHarmony is clearly focused on serious commitments, some people use it just for mingling.
You will find a diversity of matches provided by the platform on a daily basis. Since its launch, eHarmony has made it possible to reach the amount of 66 million users in its database, all of which spread around 200 countries.
The site’s populated mostly by men who dominate women by 56%. Either way, the site can boast of having a well-balanced distribution of men and women. Also, most users are around the marriage age, which makes it ideal for serious commitments.
Signup Process at eHarmony
Signing up for eharmony is simple as it doesn’t require but a Facebook account or an email address. The registration process takes around 10 minutes as a whole and is over when the quiz is completed. Finishing the questionnaire helps find more compatible matches.
Although the site allows using the email id for account registration, it doesn’t ask for email verification. Something to note about eharmony’s registration is that it can take more time than others.
The site makes sure newcomers provide the required information before they start making use of the platform. The rules don’t change whether you use your Facebook account or your email ID. Apart from the questionnaires, the site also uses personality tests.
Personality tests consist of items that help eharmony gather more info about each member’s way of behaving. Most of the personality test questions start with “What would you do if…?” and helps the site to research what members do amidst a relationship or marriage.
Making Contact on eHarmony
eHarmony offers few methods to make the first contact, but if you’re not a Premium user, this can be achieved through automated questions or winks. You can also send members to your Favorites list as a way to show interest.
eHarmony does not have a diversity of communication medium, since all contacting features are quite limited. Actions like sending messages can only be used by paying members. If you’re not a paying subscriber, you can only send the automated questions that eHarmony gives you for free.
You can send questions to your matches, but nobody guarantees they will reply to you. If you want to send custom messages, you have to pay for a premium plan. It is the same thing you need to reply to people and all the messages you receive.
Another limitation you have as a free member is the viewing of users who are currently online. Free members will only see the status of the proposed match, which will be a daily match. If you don’t like the match you’ve suggested, another one will come out within 24 hours.
As a paying subscriber, you can even see members outside your area.
eHarmony Mobile Apps
eHarmony provides an app which is available for Android and Apple. The app is free and comes with all desktop features. The mobile interface includes the web version functions to a tee. Regardless of the plan you’re subscribed to, and you will be displayed ads.
eHarmony application is not difficult to navigate as it includes the same interface as the web version. It is clean and almost free of ads. The app allows scrolling up and down and visualizing your Favorite’s list.
The app is a good fit for users who are always on the go and don’t have time to sit on the PC for browsing. With the app, you also have to chance to make contact and see your matches anytime. As in the desktop version, if you are a free member, you will only see blurred out pictures on the profiles.
The cost of upgrading the account on the app is the same as on the desktop format. You will get the same benefits and encounter the same disadvantages of the website version. There’s not a remarkable difference between the application and the desktop version, indeed.
Pros of Using eHarmony
- Newcomers are encouraged to complete their profiles to make use of any of the site’s capabilities. You will not see a member with an incomplete profile or a users’ page that looks empty.
- The test is designed to guarantee matches based on values, attitudes, and personal interests. It suggests matches accurately.
- It encourages customers to be honest with the answers.
- The site draws in people of all walks of life and sexual identities.
- It is even suited for senior singles.
- You won’t find matches that are not for the long haul or want to be playing.
Cons of Using eHarmony
- Most contacting features are paid and restricted for free members.
- While the personality test is completely in your hands, your suggested matches are not.
- Striking up a conversation can actually take longer than expected. You have to wait for eharmony to find matches willing to speak.
- Answering the personality test can be boring and time-consuming.
- There are still pop-up ads on the app.
eHarmony Plans & Cost
With a free account, the only significant thing you can do is see your matches. You can’t either send messages or reply or do anything else. As a free member, the site gives you winks you can send to show interest, but they are not personalized messages.
This means eHarmony is not a free site as it asks you for payment to send messages and get better matches. The more you pay, the more chances you’ll have to get more potential matches. It is advisable to start with the 30-dollar program.
eHarmony is seen as one of the priciest sites of the dating site business. It is important to point out that eHarmony prices tend to fluctuate, depending on the type of subscription. All of its plans are separated by months and come as follows:
- 12 months: $7.95-$19.95/month
- 6 months: $29.95-$13.95/month
- 3 months: $32.95-$39.95/month
It is recommended to opt for the 6-month program considering that strong connections don’t appear immediately.
Something that makes this site trustworthy is the high rates as casual daters would not be willing to pay for anything. This is a filter the site uses to keep scams away.
eHarmony Special Features
The site does not offer to contact features that could stand it out from the rest. Most of the functions you see on eharmony can be found on places like Badoo and Match. However, this doesn’t put eharmony at a disadvantage whatsoever.
These are some of the special feature the website offers to its free and paying members:
- Send a smile: you can send smiles to the people you like and if you’re unable to exchange words with them for not having a premium plan. The smiley icon is just under each profile picture for use.
- Send questions: eharmony allows sending site-generated questions without limit to other members. Do this if you’re not subscribed to any premium plan.
- Add to Favorites: you can favorite the members you’re interested in by clicking the star icon on profile pages.
- What if?: this is a paid feature to obtain 30 more matches that are outside one’s preference list. What if it aims to give more matches.
- Video Date: the eharmony function that enables you to meet people via video. This is also a paid function that gives the marvelous benefit of seeing the person’s face previous to the first encounter.
eharmony is more expensive than other sites, but its rates are still average. Compared to other sites, it offers three plans that cover 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years. The most expensive plan is the 2-year plan hence it is advisable to pick the 1-year plan that is just in the middle.
Anyway, eharmony offers a trial plan which allows browsing the site to see what it has. The following chart shows the plans along with the rates:
Duration / Credits / Coins Costs Total
- Light: 6 Months 9.98 USD / Month 59.90 USD
- Plus: 12 Months 2.99 USD / Month 35.90 USD
- Extra: 24 Months 1.08 USD / Month 25.90 USD
Love is one of the most complex emotions in the world, and this is what eharmony works on. The site is totally worth it if we consider that its personal questions and random quizzes are all intended to find the most compatible matches.
If you peruse Eharmony’s guidelines, that’s what their services claim to do. Given that computing compatibility is not just for clout, the site uses a special matchmaking system based on countless questions that users answer upon registering and along the way.
A great example of this are the two million connections eharmony has managed to create. Together with that, eharmony has been in the dating industry for more than 10 years, which adds value to its system. eharmony has been operating for 20 years.
On the other side, some connections don’t reach marriage but are equally counted towards eharmony good statistics. Two adjectives to describe eHarmony’s algorithm are precise and specific. In this platform, you don’t look for singles by yourself; instead, the system does the job for you.
Before you hop on at eHarmony, it is necessary that you understand this is not a free site, and it is not possible to succeed on a free membership.
eHarmony works this way:
- It allows seeing the most compatible matches in your inbox, even since day one.
- It enables you to see how compatible you are with other people through the Compatibility wheel.
- It has a scoring system that sends your compatibility score for every match.
- Although eharmony is not considered a top private dating platform, it ensures privacy and confidentiality. As a free member, you can send ice-breakers to show interest as instant messaging is blocked.
eharmony utilizes a Compatibility matching system based on an in-depth personality test. Through the test, eharmony knows how you communicate, how you deal with conflict, and childhood details.
eharmony bases the match results upon 32 dimensions of compatibility, which are the basis of each profile. In the end, eharmony builds a unique Personality Profile that serves as identification to other members.
Signing up for eHarmony doesn’t have a price tag, in contrast with instant messaging, those charge fees. Neither the registration nor the app installation requires you to layout a penny.
After joining, the site allows browsing profiles and seeing daily matches freely. That’s it.
In case of trouble, you can avail yourself of the customer service charge-free as well.